Tone your body and train your muscles with Power Plate whole body vibration therapy!
At Boots Chiropractic we use the Power Plate® Pro7, a leader in whole body vibrational therapy, to improve your health, recovery, and fitness level! The vibrating platform moves in all directions (up-down, side-side, front-back), 25-50 times per second, engaging your muscles in a consistent and controlled manner. Whole body vibration therapy may accelerate the healing process, promote proper biomechanics, and improve training/athletic performance.
Each session includes 10-minutes of whole body vibration therapy that is tailored to your fitness level and personal goals. There are a variety of preset and prerecorded exercise programs that vary in intensity and train various muscle groups. When traditional exercises are performed on the Power Plate, a greater number of muscle fibers contract leading to a more enhanced muscle workout resulting in greater health benefits.
Whole body vibration can be used to:
- Strengthen and tone muscle
- Increase bone density (build stronger bones)
- Improve flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Enhance metabolism, lymphatic, and detoxification system functions
- Boost fat burning potential
- Stimulate production of helpful hormones
- Improve immune function and blood circulation
When working out in a gym on a solid surface the average muscle only contracts at 20%. The Power Plate Pro7 whole body vibrational therapy system is far more effective by causing the contraction of upwards of 80% of muscle fibers. Work out smarter not harder!
Combined with chiropractic care, patients often notice improved function, flexibility, and biomechanics. The Power Plate system may also assist with weight loss and body tone by enhancing the body’s lymphatic system for efficient fat removal. Additionally, Power Plate vibrational therapy assists in reduction of pain, improved motion, and an increased overall sense of well-being.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does it work?
- Engineered precisely to apply the body’s natural reflexive response to vibration, Power Plate technology uses an advanced vibrating platform, which moves 25 to 50 times per second resulting in corresponding muscle activation. With user-friendly settings, the safe vibrations are harmonic with consistent and controlled levels of vibration, moving in all directions (up and down, forwards and backwards, and side to side).
- How is it different from other vibration platforms?
- Power Plate is considered the market leader, with more than 15 years of experience in whole body vibration training, products, and services. Power Plate creates a mechanical stimulation which ranges from 25Hz to 50Hz, chosen specifically because it’s out of the range of the human body’s own resonance. Also, Performance Health Systems (Power Plate) is the only specialized company in its field to be a certified medical device manufacturer.
- What can I expect at my appointment?
- You can expect a 10 minute whole body vibrational therapy session. Each person is different with varying degrees of fitness. Some report feeling their muscles contract and relax rapidly, while others may feel tingling in their hands and feet. Most often you will start at a low frequency and work your way up as comfort and adaptability improves. It is typical to feel sore and tingly after the session, but you may return to normal activities immediately with no downtime.
- Can I use the Power Plate every day?
- As with most forms of training, Power Plate will generate fatigue in the body. This fatigue is what stimulates the body to adapt and develop, but too much training results in excessive fatigue and negative effects. As a general guide, we recommend two to three 10-minute training sessions per week, leaving 48 to 72 hours for recovery between sessions.
- Who can use Power Plate?
- If you are currently active, cleared for exercise, and perform weight-bearing exercise (weights, jogging, etc.), you are likely a good candidate for using the Power Plate. However, every person is different and as with any form of exercise, if you feel faint, dizzy, or ill while on the Power Plate, you should cease your session immediately.
- Is vibration training safe?
- Power Plate is the leader in whole body vibrational therapy with hundreds of thousands of users across the world. Such widespread use with no reported negative effects over an extended period demonstrates the safety of this therapy. As with any form of exercise, there are certain pre-existing medical conditions, which may make using a Power Plate an unsuitable option.
- Can I use the Power Plate without performing any other exercise?
- Many people who use the Power Plate with no other exercise are happy with their results. We do advise users to also engage in cardiovascular exercise. The Power Plate can be used in conjunction with many different forms of training.
- Will using the Power Plate help me lose weight?
- Significant weight loss is often reported by those who use Power Plate regularly in conjunction with a healthy, calorie-controlled diet. The combination of lymphatic flow and associated removal of biological wastes and retained fluid contribute to this weight loss. This may occur due to increases in metabolism both during and following exercise. Research shows Power Plate may have a significant impact upon the reduction of body fat when used as part of an active lifestyle.
- Boots Chiropractic & Wellness Center, S.C. offers the Zerona® body contouring laser for non-invasive fat reduction. Studies show participants achieved an average of three to six-inch reduction in only six visits.
- Is there any proof that the Power Plate works?
- There are over 40 published research studies performed using the Power Plate demonstrating the benefits of different aspects of vibration training. Universities around the world have carried out hundreds of independent studies on vibrational therapy; these studies are published in highly respected international academic journals.