Pediatric - Infants and Children
Should my child be getting adjusted? Many parents wonder if they should be bringing their child to a chiropractor to get adjusted. The common misconception is that children don’t have back pain or body aches and therefore don’t need to see a chiropractor. However, chiropractic does so much more for children than simply alleviating pain. For children who have their entire life ahead of them, receiving regular chiropractic adjustments will help their spine mature properly and aid them in maintaining proper posture. On top of that, chiropractic can also help in the following ways:
- Improve ability to concentrate
- Maximize the child’s ability to learn and develop
- Strengthen immunity and reduce the incidence of colds, ear-aches and general illness
- Assist with behavioral disorders and enhance emotional wellbeing
- Alleviate digestive problems
- Assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues
- Help with colic and irritable baby syndrome
- Help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies
At Boots Chiropractic & Wellness Center we see numerous children and babies every week. Utilizing the Activator and Impulse adjusting instruments allows us to safely accommodate patients of all sizes, especially young children.
Babies and children grow quickly, and their muscles, ligaments, and bones develop rapidly. A jump, tumble, or fall can jar the body, affect the spine (and possibly the nervous system), and then go undetected for years. Even simple factors, such as a heavy backpack or an ill-fitting car seat, can have negative effects on a child's health.
FUN FACT - The youngest patient adjusted in the office was just 5 days old!!
Bring your children in today for a check up!
If you have or currently are experiencing any of these symptoms, please call our office today to set up an appointment.
For emergencies call 9-1-1