Zerona – Non-Invasive Body Contouring Laser
Do you have a trouble area that no matter how hard you exercise it doesn’t go away?
Zerona Z6 Laser by Erchonia – non-invasive body contouring laser is the proven procedure that is FDA approved to safely remove fat and reduce inches with zero pain, zero surgery, and zero downtime. Studies show an average inch loss of 3-6 inches in only 6 sessions.
The Wellness Center at Boots Chiropractic has brought the first Zerona body contouring laser to northeast Wisconsin. Utilizing the same 635nm wavelength (red light) that is used by the other low level lasers at our office, this laser is safer than the alternatives (liposuction, lipo laser, or cool sculpting) for spot reduction with no side effects.
HOW IT WORKS - The laser opens a temporary transitory pore in the fat cell membrane allowing triglycerides and fatty material to seep out shrinking the fat cell. The fatty material is picked up and transported by the lymphatic system and is detoxified by the body and can be burned as fuel during exercise (best method) or excreted. This is sort of like comparing fat cells to popping a zit. The important part is the fat cell remains intact so the body does not produce an inflammatory response or create new/replacement fat cells elsewhere in the body. Similar to the body’s natural use of fat as fuel without any adverse outcome.
ABOUT THE PROCEDURE - During the procedure, patients most often do not feel anything. The laser does not produce heat and is completely non-invasive, and has never shown any recorded side effects. Low level lasers have been used for over 40 years for the treatment of many different conditions such as chronic pain and wound healing.
ABOUT THE PROTOCOL - Each session takes 40 minutes (20 on the front and 20 on the back) and can be administered one to three times per week. Laser sessions are patient goal specific, targeting areas of concern (most common are: waist, hips, and thighs). Our office offers 3 different packages ranging from 6 visits up to 12.
WHAT TO EXPECT - Studies have shown an average loss of 3-6 inches over the course of 6 sessions. As with any procedure, results will vary and may be more dramatic from one patient to the next. This is not a quick weight loss program as we are targeting the adipose tissue, not taking off excess water weight. Think of the last time your waist was 2-3 inches smaller, your hips had that natural curve, and your thighs were thinner. With the Zerona laser you now have an alternative to the fear and sometimes painful process of a surgical procedure.
ZERONA Z6 LASER - This new body sculpting procedure is designed to remove fat and contour the body without the lengthy recovery time associated with invasive surgery. The Zerona allows patients to continue their daily activities without interruptions from surgery, pain, or wounds. Combined with chiropractic care, diet, exercise, and proper nutrition, patients may notice a reduction of pain, improved motion, and increased overall well-being.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How does it work?
- Clinical studies demonstrate the Zerona low level laser stimulates the fat cell to emulsify that fat within the cell. The liquefied fat moves from inside the cell through a temporary pore formed in the cell membrane to the outside (interstitial space between the cells) until absorbed by the lymphatic system. This results in millions of fat cells becoming smaller so inches are reduced off the waist, hips, and thighs. The fat cells are not injured in any way by this process, therefore not causing an inflammatory adverse reaction.
- What can I expect at my appointment?
- You can expect 40-minute sessions to relax, read, scroll Facebook, listen to music, respond to emails, or do absolutely nothing. We provide free wi-fi for your convenience. There is no heat or any sensation whatsoever while being treated. During each treatment, you will be met by your physician or technician who will position the laser over the desired areas of the body. They will step out for the remainder of the 20 minutes while the front of your desired area is treated and will return to reset the laser for the backside of your body for the last 20 minutes. Laser treatments may be followed by 10 minutes of vibrational plate therapy to help with lymphatic drainage. After you are done you can get back to your normal activities immediately with no downtime, no pain, no swelling, and no discomfort. This is a symptom-free process.
- What happens if I miss an appointment?
- It is highly recommended that you make every effort to make each appointment time to achieve optimal results. Prior to starting a program it is important that you are committed to the recommended lifestyle protocol in addition to your laser sessions. If an appointment is missed/delayed for too long, you will interrupt the release of the emulsified fat from fat cells, dampening the results.
- How is it different than liposuction?
- Liposuction is an invasive procedure that removes the entire area of fat cells from deposits beneath the skin using a hollow stainless steel tube (cannula) with the assistance of a powerful vacuum. Liposuction can be accomplished with the use of a general anesthesia, IV sedation, or local anesthesia. During liposuction, fat cells may be damaged resulting in inflammation and a negative body process resulting in making more fat cells. In contrast, the Zerona laser is a 100% non-invasive low level laser applied externally to stimulate the emulsification and release of fat. Leaving the fat cell undamaged and intact. The Zerona requires no use of anesthesia, no gels, no creams, no numbing agents, no needles, no surgery, no pain, and no downtime.
- Is there any downtime?
- Absolutely ZERO downtime. During the treatment you will feel no discomfort, and you can assume normal activities immediately following each session.
- Are there any limitations to what I can do if I am using the Zerona?
- During your treatment period you can continue your normal activities. It is strongly recommended that you commit to and follow the protocols – stay hydrated (8-10 glasses of water per day), continue to eat healthy and exercise (walk at least 30 minutes per day), utilize the Power Plate®, and abstain from alcohol and caffeine. Alcohol and caffeine interfere with the lymphatic process to metabolize the fat which can decrease your results.
- On which areas of the body can I use the Zerona laser?
- The Zerona laser can be used effectively on essentially every part of the body where localized fat deposits exist that are resistant to diet and exercise. Most patients start with treating the waist, hips, and thighs which can all be targeted in one session. Other areas include, but are not limited to, upper arms, bra-line, inner knees, back, neck, and buttock fat.
- Where does the fat go?
- Similar to the natural process of burning fat as fuel: fat leaves the cell and enters the extracellular space. Here it is absorbed by the lymphatic system and transported via afferent lymph vessels to lymph nodes to be broken-down by macrophages. The fat then enters the circulatory system where it can be used as fuel or excreted.
- Is the Zerona laser covered by insurance?
- These programs are considered elective and not covered by insurance plans.
- Is the Zerona laser safe?
- There are no risks involved using the Zerona low level laser, and it is considered a safe alternative to more invasive procedures such as liposuction and lipodissolve as well as other non-invasive devises like the Accent, CoolSculpting, VelaShape, and Thermage which can cause discomfort from heating and cooling tissue. None of these have data proven by scientific studies that show reduced fat cell size like the Zerona. The Zerona laser treatment is 100% non-invasive, causing no bruising, scarring, or downtime. During the session you will feel no discomfort, no anesthesia, and will be able to assume normal activities immediately following each session.
- Although there are no known risks, potential unknown risks may exist in the following cases and for these individuals we do not recommend the Zerona: if you are pregnant or may be pregnant; if you have a pacemaker; if you have cancer, any wounds, or other condition of concern possibly making the Zerona body contouring laser unsafe. Zerona may not be as effective on patients with diabetes or thyroid disorders where the metabolic system is potentially impaired. Please consult with your doctor to discuss whether you are a good candidate for Zerona body contouring based on your medical history.
- Are there any side effects?
- No side effects have been reported. The treatment process is completely non-invasive, and there have not been any reported side effects beyond the loss of inches and fat.
- How long has the Zerona laser been used?
- The Zerona has been used in studies since 2008 and has been used by physicians in practice since 2009. The same Erchonia low level laser technology we utilize in our office has been in use for over 40 years for treatment of different conditions such as chronic pain, wound healing, and many other orthopedic conditions. Low level lasers have been used to safely assist with tumescent liposuction since 2001 and have been established as a proven method to release fat immediately prior to liposuction surgery.
- Is it effective?
- Very effective. Use of the Zerona treatment in combination with following the recommended guidelines for success, you can expect to experience a combined loss of 3 to 6 inches from your waist, hips, and thighs, and a reduction in clothing size. Additionally, some have noticed an improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
- How long do the results last?
- By maintaining a healthy diet and exercise, you can expect long-term results. These programs are designed to help a wide variety of people: those who are already following a healthy diet and lifestyle and want to remove troublesome areas of fat, and those who want to use these programs to “jump start” their slimming efforts as motivation for maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
- Can I do multiple sessions beyond the package?
- Additional sessions can help enhance results and help trim additional inches. You can continue sessions immediately following completion of a Zerona package.
- How soon after pregnancy can I utilize the Zerona body sculpting laser?
- It is recommended that you wait until after your last postpartum visit with your doctor (usually 6 weeks after birth) to begin one of the programs. It is not recommended while you are breastfeeding.
- How long does it take to begin seeing results?
- Some can see results after only a few sessions as their clothes fit more loosely. Many patients see the difference after 4 to 6 sessions; family and friends often notice the difference throughout the program as well.
- Is everyone a good candidate for the Zerona laser?
- Most individuals are good candidates. Even people who are not overweight can lose inches. Be sure to discuss your health background with our doctors and ask any questions about your particular areas of concern.